Friday, April 2, 2010

 
Last weekend I attended a friend of mine from college, husband's funeral.  They had been married less than two years.  Her faith in Christ was amazing and her husband lived his life in a way that impacted many for Christ.  I never met him but after hearing others talk about him I felt like I had missed out on someone great.  Death always brings me back to our humble state as humans.  How often I live like tomorrow will come.  I pray that I will use everyday to praise the Lord and allow Him to use me daily to encourage others...love others....and serve others.  It is easy to become self absorbed.  At the funeral his cousin sang "You are My Sunshine."  I sing this song to Lucy.  I don't know if you have ever thought about the lyrics.  Let's just say it brought me to tears. 

You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other nite, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried. 

Hug your loved ones and thank the Lord for them today.

Lucy decided to play an April fool's joke on me...I went in to get her in the morning and she was sitting up.  I had never seen her sit up by herself.  Needless to say I finally got around to lowering her crib.  She is sooo flexible.  She always stretches into a Chinese split and leans her head down and rests it on the floor.  It cracks me up.  We have almost reached our goal for the Great Strides Walk.  So many people have been supportive and we appreciate all the love our family and friends have shown us.  We are praying for a cure.  I believe God can heal her.  I don't know if He will choose to do so but I pray this for her.  Sometimes when I get sad at the thought of Lucy possibly dying early I think of Christ.  God knew He would be born to die in his early 30's.  Jesus even asked for "this cup" to be removed but ultimately for His Father's will to be done.  The average life span for a person with CF is mid-30's.  Look how much Jesus did in his lifespan.  I pray Lucy's life will be long but ultimately that His will be done in her life.  What a blessing she has been so far.

Next time you see the sun shining please say a prayer for my friend, Melissa.

 

1 comment:

  1. Tracy - I was blessed by your reflections. I have bookmarked your blog and will regularly check in on you and your sweet little family! Lucy is so beautiful and looks like a delightfully happy baby - she surely DOES bring sunshine to your life. I pray cures, and blessings, in the years to come! I pray, with you, that Lucy grows up to be a strong and healthy woman of God - used by Him to do amazing and wonderful deeds.
    Hugs & Prayers!

    ReplyDelete